DisclaimerUSAGE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your access and use of the Higher Education Servicing Corporation (HESC) website (Site) is subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein. By accessing this Site, you agree to, accept and acknowledge all of the terms and conditions.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
HESC warrants the information, materials and functions contained on the Site to be as current and accurate as possible, but HESC cannot guarantee their accuracy.
THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS, CONTENTS, FUNCTIONS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED "AS IS". HESC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE CONTENTS, MATERIALS, FUNCTIONS, AND INFORMATION ON THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS, AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS SITE. HESC DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SPECIFICALLY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. HESC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS THAT THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, CONTENTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON THE SITE WILL BE ERROR FREE, SECURE, MEET YOUR NEEDS OR BE UNINTERRUPTED. HESC MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY AND COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. HESC DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES, WORMS, OR ANY OTHER DESTRUCTIVE CODES. YOU AGREE TO USE AND ACCESS THE SITE AT YOUR OWN RISK.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITIES
HESC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY THEORY OF CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, COMPENSATORY, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY MANNER CONNECTED WITH THE USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE SITE OR THE MATERIALS AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE, OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSION IN THE CONTENT OR PERFORMANCE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF HESC HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT PROVIDED ABOVE, SO SOME OF THE EXCLUSIONS ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. HOWEVER, THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SHALL BE ENFORCEABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
There may be other links between this site and other websites, and HESC has no control over these other websites and HESC is not responsible for the contents and performance of other links. HESC has not verified any of the information, products or contents at any of the links and is not responsible for their use or content. HESC does not endorse the contents or use of the links, and the links are provided "as is", and your use of the links is at your own risk.
Your use of this Site and submission of any information or data on any forms provided on this Site and completed by you does not automatically qualify you for financial aid. Your eligibility for financial aid shall be determined by your individual financial situation and by other parties. Your use of loan calculators and tools on the Site may provide you with estimates which may be different from the actual amounts. All loan terms, interest rates, and repayment matters are determined between you and your lender.
This site contains the intellectual property of HESC and is protected by copyright and trademark law, international law, and other applicable law and regulation.
INFORMATION COLLECTED WHEN YOU VISIT THIS SITE
When you enter this site, we may automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer or handheld device. We may store IP addresses in case we need to track a connection for security purposes, however, this information will not be shared with third parties for purposes unrelated to HESC. The information may be disclosed by HESC as it considers it necessary to comply with a legal requirement, and in investigating fraudulent activity or the misuse of this site.
CHILDREN'S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
HESC does not intend to collect information from children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal identifying information from a child under the age of 13, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that this information is deleted from our files.
HESC STUDENT LOAN BUSINESS PRACTICES
Participants in the Federal Family Education Loan Program (the “FFELP”) are committed to the highest ethical standards in helping students and families pursuing postsecondary education. In furtherance of this commitment, as a FFELP participant, Higher Education Servicing Corporation (HESC) endorses the following principles:
1) The goal of HESC shall be to help students receive in an accurate and timely manner the loans for which they qualify.
2) HESC shall encourage students and families to borrow only what they absolutely need to persist and succeed in postsecondary education.
3) HESC shall respect the role of student financial aid professionals, and support the integrity of the financial aid process and the financial aid professionals’ responsibility to assist their students.
4) HESC shall work with student financial aid professionals, elementary and secondary school counselors and others to promote increased awareness of financial aid opportunities, to enhance access to postsecondary education, and to increase financial literacy.
5) HESC shall fairly and accurately disclose all terms and conditions related to FFELP loan products to students and families.
6) HESC shall plainly disclose all eligibility conditions that apply to borrower benefit programs, including but not limited to situations that could cause withdrawal and/or refunding of the benefits or cessation of the program.
7) HESC shall protect the privacy of loan applicants and recipients and shall comply with all applicable federal and state laws that restrict the use of the nonpublic personal information for purposes unrelated to the processing and administration of the consumer’s loans, including honoring borrower requests pursuant to those provisions. In addition, HESC shall ensure their contractors/servicers protect the same privacy.
8) HESC shall refrain from taking action which would cause a school employee to have a conflict of interest. Without limiting the foregoing, HESC will not offer gifts, meals or tickets to entertainment events to school employees if the value of such would create the appearance of impropriety on the part of the school employee. HESC shall not pay advisory board compensation or directors’ fees to financial aid office employees of any post-secondary educational school. Additionally, no financial incentive shall be offered to any financial aid office employee at any post-secondary institution or its employees in exchange for loan volume, lender list preference or any advantage in the marketing of student loans.
9) HESC shall maintain programs that continue to fully comply with the anti-inducement provisions contained in the Higher Education Act and the implementing guidelines issued by the Department of Education. In furtherance of the objectives of those provisions, HESC will follow the “Guidelines for FFELP Industry Practices” endorsed in 2004 by Consumer Bankers Association, Education Finance Council and National Council of Higher Education Loan Programs.